Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week #102 Winding Down

As my mission is winding down in Southern Africa, I recognize that Elder Lawson, the missionary, is not ending his mission in life, which is to bring others unto Christ, that they might have joy and eternal life.  With that being said, I want to take a moment to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon. 

The Botswana/Namibia Mission is doing a Book of Mormon challenge so that we can finish the Book of Mormon by Christmas day. I had just finished reading the Book of Mormon, again, when the challenge was extended.  I am now only about 30 pages in, but already I can feel its power. I read about 7 pages a day and on each page, I write at the top of the page something that the Spirit teaches me to do or change, or why I think that page was kept inside the book of Mormon.  Every time I read the Book of Mormon, my heart is filled with no crazy feeling, but just a mere comfort that I have the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  The Book of Mormon does in fact draw us more closer to the Savior, Jesus Christ than any other book.  I pray of its truth every single day and every day I grow in light and knowledge.  

I plead with everyone that is reading this email that you will feel the eternal power that flows from the pages of the Book of Mormon as you read it.  Those who read the Book of Mormon, like Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley says, will have a greater resolution to do good and grow nearer to the Son of God, the Savior of the world. 


Elder Lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment